polymer roofs are designed to be installed with auxiliary casing
provided by window manufacturers or other.
Bay Window Instructions
- Install auxiliary casing mentioned above, see
- Caulk surface of flashing and other nailing
surfaces of roof where it meets building and window.
- Bay windows are attached to the auxiliary casing
with copper screws provided with the roof.
- After the roof has been attached to the window,
use galvanized roofing nails to attach the roof to the building. It
is suggested that you pre-drill the flashing approximately 3/16th of
an inch and do not nail tight, leave about 1/16" between nail head
and flange for expansion.
- Install siding - do not nail through flange.
- No other finishing of the roof is recommended and
may void warranty.
- Care must be taken to insure that windows are
installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions including
support by cables or knee brackets if required.
Bow Window Instructions
- After installing auxiliary casing,
caulk and install trip strips provided with window, see
- Caulk surface of flashing and other
nailing surfaces of roof where it meets building and
- Bow windows are attached by locking
over the trip strip, see detail 3.
Steps 4, 5, 6 & 7 are the same as Bay instructions.